Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

I am now single once again. WHY?? Because HE is a workaholic. I mean a REAL workaholic. When you tell your fiance that you were in a moto accident AND robbed and he doesnt call you back because he's too tired from work....we have a f*cking problem. Excuse my french. But that isn't all. Everything with him is about money and you can never compensate not being there in exchange for gifts, money, furniture, clothes, ect. All of it is nice but that's just not my style. He can have it all back and I'd rather be with the guy in my village who lives in a mud hut without anything else but at least I would know that he gives a sh*t about me. Not even a phone call on Valentine's day. AFTER I reminded him. I even called him the day I decided to give the ring back at his job but he didn't pick up the phone. I called him three times in a row. I asked the manager if I could use his cell to call him and guess what. He picks up on the FIRST ring! WHAT THE HELL!!!!

SOOOOOOOO what do I do?? I drop the ring off and made the decision that it would just get worse later on down the road. As fast as I got engaed, it ended just as rapid. Life in Benin....What a ride indeed!

On a good note, I am in Burkina Faso for the African film festival. It is awesome!! The bus ride was 22 hours long. And my body wants to sweat but the air here is so dry I can't. But other than that the country is gorgeous and I am having a great time with the other volunteers!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor Satin - I'm sorry to hear that but it sounds like you made the right choice! You have to do what's best for you and be true to you!

Glad you are having such a great time and experiencing so many amazing countries and events while you're there!

Keep being you and having fun and all will owrk out how it's supposed to! *hugs*

<3
Kristen

Anonymous said...

aww boo im sorry things didn't work out! you know you deserve better and thats all that matters. the nice things are fantastic as long as there is care behind them!! im proud of you for realizing it soon.

miss you boo. be safe, take care.